Today I was lucky enough to be invited to a Breast Cancer Care’s HQ in London. The purpose of the day was to acknowledge to the continued support they have received from regular donators and an insight into what the charity is doing this year.
I was asked to shoot some very special guests who have raised a fantastic amount of money (£926,000 and counting) over the last year!
Lisa Snowdon attended the day to thank donators from the last year. As an ambassador of Breast Cancer Care Lisa always shows strong support for the charity.
“Lisa Snowdon has helped Breast Cancer Care in many ways, from encouraging her Capital Radio listeners to support us, to joining our Pink Fridays campaign and encouraging people to be breast aware. Lisa is a very passionate supporter of our work since her grandmother and aunt have both experienced breast cancer.”
Special guests included:
- Francesca Pattison who is a Breast Cancer Care Trustee and a huge supporter of Breast Cancer Care being heavily involved in our campaigning work.
- Sir Allan Leighton, a Breast Cancer Care Patron.
- Tessa Worrall who is the Marketing Coordinator for Dorothy Perkins.
- Bevin Donaghy, Head of PR and Tobie Lewis, Senior Press Officer for Office Shoes.
- Steve Lyons and Richard Cockburn. Steve and Richard are the co-founders of Rieves. Rieves is a national lottery and scratchcard specialist company, selling charity scratchcards.
- Jackie Knight, Marketing Manager, Tim Shadrach and Diana Bratt of Seventeen Group financial services. Tim and Diana are staff members who are running the London Marathon for Breast Cancer Care.
- Zahira Beddou, Brand Manger and Norbet Schlachter, MD of Palmers the Number 1 cocoa butter brand in the world.
- Tom Cartmale, Marketing Director, David Spires, Marketing Coordinator of Oakley UK who sell high performance sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear.
- Meryn Pillay, Head of Marketing for Elemis luxury British spa and skincare products.
- Leroi Hanniford, PR Manager and Paula Poole, PR Assistant for Tresor Paris.
- Geraldine McGovern, Marketing Manager and Amanda Stagg, Group account director at Connect PR working for HiQ car services have been voted Breast Cancer Care’s Charity of the Year since 2009. See HiQ report of the thanking event here.
- Click here to see Tyrepress.com report on the days events.
- Beverley Gillard, Owner of Curves fitness centre in Wokingham has helped raise the largest amount of all the Curves centres (£6000).
- Natalia Di Palma, Marketing Manager of Drake & Morgan.
- Anita Jewitt & Holly Young of Irwin Mitchell Solicitors who have supported Breast Cancer Care for a number of years. Irwing Mitchell’s report on the event.
- Harriet Stanford, PR Assistant and Carol Brooking, Head of Retail Operations for Crabtree and Evelyn fragrances and toiletries stores.
- Sam Legget, Marketing Manager and Mel Wilson, Marketing Director for Chamilia jewelry. Chamilia launched a Breast Cancer Care charm in 2011 donating 10% of its sales to the charity.
- Ann Bampton, Marketing Projects Manager for Interflora. Ann has worked for Interflora for 35 years and was instrumental in setting up the partnership with Breast Cancer Care. See Interflora’s report on the day here.
- Sarah Bentley, PR Officer and Claire Morgan, Visual Merchandising Manager for La Senza.